Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

  1. #1
    Drew Cutter
    Guest

    Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

    I added the number 200 3 times (vertical) . Got the correct answer but i
    can't seem to get the answer to appear in the total cell. Just the
    formula shows up . What am i doing wrong ?

  2. #2

    Re: Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

    Format the cell with the formula as General (or number--just not text).

    Then with that cell selected, hit F2 followed by enter.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

    It sounds as though the cell is formatted as text. Change it to a format of
    General, hit F2 and Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Drew Cutter
    Guest

    Re: Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

    Didn't seem to work . I used the currency format. Maybe i need a step by
    step explanation. Use column C3 , C4 , C5 . 250 , 300 ,400 . I get the
    correct total , just not in the format that i want . Need to hide the
    formula in the final box C6.

  5. #5

    Re: Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

    If you get the correct result for your formula, then you should be able to use
    Format|cells|Number tab to make the cell display the formatting you want.

    If you lock the cell (format|Cells|protection tab)
    and then protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet)

    the formula will will be hidden.

  6. #6
    Drew Cutter
    Guest

    Re: Memory failure : Getting Sum to work

    As nearly as i can tell its only happen on this worksheet. Try to clean
    it out of all things possible that preventing from doing a simple thing
    like adding. Open up a new work sheet , no problems.