Subtotal Grades

  1. #1

    Subtotal Grades

    I have a list of names with grades blah blah, and have calculated their number grade. ALso, I used Vlookup and a lookup table to calculate their letter grade.

    NOW:
    Use the subtotal feature to determine the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and Fs.

    Data--->Subtotals I click some stuff in that menu, but none of it displays the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and Fs.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Michael M
    Guest

    RE: Subtotal Grades

    Hi
    Have a look at pivot tables and use "count" of grades

    Regards
    Michael

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Subtotal Grades

    Hi!

    >Data--->Subtotals

    That's for numeric data.

    List your letter grades somewhere, assume D1:D5 = A;B;C;D;F

    The students letter grades are in column A.

    Enter this formula in E1 and copy down to E5:

    =COUNTIF(A:A,D1)

    Biff

    "Triptanes" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...