Trigonometry with excel

  1. #1
    Serge
    Guest

    Trigonometry with excel

    If I wanted my answer in degrees for the following: opp side 8.3ft divided
    by adjacent side 5.8ft should give me 55.05 degrees. I have no problem with
    my little calculator but I'm having a difficult time trying to do this in
    excel.
    I did go through the help files,
    Can someone help? It's probably simple but my thick head just can see it.
    Thanks in advance
    Serge

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,474
    Give this a go:
    =DEGREES(ATAN2(D20,C20))

  3. #3
    Serge
    Guest

    Re: Trigonometry with excel

    Hello Dave,
    Thank you very much. It works great now. First I discovered I missed the 'S'
    in DEGREES, then I had a '/' instead of comma.
    Would you have any more example to send to me? If not, that's ok. I'm very
    greatfull for the help you have given me.
    Serge

  4. #4
    paul
    Guest

    Re: Trigonometry with excel

    degrees(atan(a1/b1) is perhaps more like the way we would do it on a
    calculator.
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Serge
    Guest

    Re: Trigonometry with excel

    Thank you for your input. I like it also.
    Serge

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Serge