Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

unable to copy/paste in excel once clipboard becomes full

  1. #1
    sengtavanfatsura via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    unable to copy/paste in excel once clipboard becomes full

    Hi all,

    I do a lot of copying/pasting in excel. This gets 'tossed' into the
    Clipboard and somehow gets full. When this happens, I'm unable to copy/paste.
    I close excel completely and am still unable to copy/paste. The weird thing
    is that it affects other programs, not just Office. Is there a way to clear
    the clipboard? Or is there something else that could be the cause? Thanks
    for any feedback.

    Sean

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor tony h's Avatar
    England: London and Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,187
    you should be able to do it with the clipboard viewer clpbrd.exe in sytem32 features differ depending on OS

    hope this helps

  3. #3
    anony mouse
    Guest

    Re: unable to copy/paste in excel once clipboard becomes full

    newer features have a "clear clipboard" feature. Once this flaw was
    discovered- I guess the answer was to come up with an icon that lets you
    wipe out the clipboard. Go to " VIEW" , "TOOLBARS" and select "CLIPBOARD"
    and you can clear your clipboard

    Paul

    "sengtavanfatsura via OfficeKB.com" <u4032@uwe> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I do a lot of copying/pasting in excel. This gets 'tossed' into the
    > Clipboard and somehow gets full. When this happens, I'm unable to
    > copy/paste.
    > I close excel completely and am still unable to copy/paste. The weird
    > thing
    > is that it affects other programs, not just Office. Is there a way to
    > clear
    > the clipboard? Or is there something else that could be the cause?
    > Thanks
    > for any feedback.
    >
    > Sean

Closed Thread