Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

  1. #1
    Poor_pakistani
    Guest

    Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

    Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to
    tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book
    to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the
    proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much
    indeed. (inadvance)

  2. #2
    ANdras
    Guest

    RE: Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

    Hi there,

    you can protect the workbook itself (against modification = read only, or
    even fully, against all access) when saving the file:
    file menu/ save as/ Tools (dropdown list on the panel right hand side) /
    settings
    and adding the PW

    hope, this helps,
    Regards,
    ANdras

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

    There are several types of password protection.

    1. Password to open the file. Can be set at File>Save As>Tools>General
    Options.

    2. Password on a protected worksheet. This is set at Tools>Protection>Protect
    Sheet.

    Many functions can be disabled using this type of protection.

    3. Workbook Protection password. This is set at Tools>Protection>Protect
    Workbook.

    This protects the workbook from having sheets deleted and other functions
    disabled.

    4. VBA Project password to prevent viewers from looking at code modules.

    NOTE: except for File to Open protection and VBA project passwords, most forms
    of Excel protection are very weak and passwords can be easily cracked.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:47:01 -0700, Poor_pakistani
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to
    >tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book
    >to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the
    >proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much
    >indeed. (inadvance)

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Poor_pakistani
    Guest

    RE: Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

    it don't work

  5. #5
    Poor_pakistani
    Guest

    Re: Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

    still it doesn't work . plzzzz i want some one to tell me how to apply
    protect workbook on my workbook i need someone to tell me the procedure from
    a to z i do want that though i know that it protect ur sheets from delete etc.
    thanks hope u can understand me well this time