Linking versus Vlookup

  1. #1
    Gene Haines
    Guest

    Linking versus Vlookup

    I currently have a workbook with 3 worksheets: Actual Weekly Units Ordered,
    Projected Weekly Units Ordered and Analysis. I have 52 weekly columns dated
    1/01/2006 thru 12/31/2006 in all 3 worksheets. I need to pull into the
    analysis sheet the projected units ordered by item for all 52 weeks, however
    when the actual units ordered by item for the current week are entered into
    the Actual Weekly Units Ordered sheet, I need to have that qty replace the
    projected qty in the current week of the Analysis sheet. Any help would be
    appreciated.
    Thank you

    Gene Haines

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    In cell A2 in your Analysis worksheet put the following formula that checks to see if cell A2 in 'Actual Weekly Units Ordered' worksheet is blank. If it's blank then it puts the Projected amount. If it's not blank it puts the Actual amount.

    =IF('Actual Weekly Units Ordered'!A2="", 'Projected Weekly Units Ordered'!A2,'Actual Weekly Units Ordered'!A2)

    Hope that helps.
    -Ikaabod

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Haines

  3. #3
    Gene Haines
    Guest

    Re: Linking versus Vlookup

    Ikaaboa: Thanks for your input. I will let you know how I make out.

    Regards

    Gene Haines

  4. #4
    Gene Haines
    Guest

    Re: Linking versus Vlookup

    Thanks for your help Ikaabod. It works fine.

    Regards
    Gene