how do I report data of court cases ,results,analysis,.....

  1. #1
    Ziad NT
    Guest

    how do I report data of court cases ,results,analysis,.....

    please provide guidance ,advise to report court decisions,case summury
    ,analysis and lessons learned for 150 cases .Including numbers, dates,parties
    involved,brief description,main issue and relavant legal opinion after the
    fact.I 'd like to use excel 2002 or earlier. I appreciate it and thank you in
    advance. Please feel free to send to
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how do I report data of court cases ,results,analysis,.....

    Are you sure you don't want us to FedEx it overnight to you? Frankly your
    post doesn't make any sense, what's your question? You post a question,
    someone here tries to answer it, don't expect us to research court cases,
    design a spreadsheet and send it to you.

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ziad NT
    Guest

    Re: how do I report data of court cases ,results,analysis,.....

    excuse me and thanks . is it advisable to use excel when having to report a
    lot of text data in a table like format?

    Regards,

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how do I report data of court cases ,results,analysis,.....

    No, I would used a word processor for that, since you can insert tables in
    Word you can use some of the functionality in Excel but Excel is not very
    good with lots of text. If the built in tables in Word are not sufficient I
    would probably use a combination of Word and Excel maybe a link or a copied
    picture of things like graphs and tables (with numerical data) and then use
    Word's capabilities with text. If it is not a lot of text you can certainly
    use Excel but you should have data that only Excel can do, otherwise use
    something else

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    DPayne
    Guest

    Re: how do I report data of court cases ,results,analysis,.....

    Some firms have used Excel for this type of data keeping and reporting;
    however, many eventually decide to put the data into a relational database
    such as Microsoft Access or purchase a case management software program.

    There are quite a few good programs out there so I would just go to your
    favorite search engine and type legal case management. I've personally used
    CaseManager and ProLaw.

    Hope this helps.

    Donna Payne
    www.payneconsulting.com