WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?

  1. #1
    julie c.
    Guest

    WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?

    i can get certain columns to sum, but not others, why???

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?

    "julie c." wrote:
    > i can get certain columns to sum, but not others, why???

    One guess is that the numbers in the col are "text numbers"
    Try this to convert to real numbers:
    Input in an empty cell the number 1, then copy it
    Then right-click on the col > paste special > multiply > ok

    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    David D
    Guest

    RE: WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?

    Can you post your worksheet here?

    Is there anything different about the column that won't sum? Perhaps its
    formatting, the way the data was entered, or the layout?

    --
    -David D

  4. #4
    julie c.
    Guest

    Re: WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?

    Just started using excel yesterday. This program is great. I realized my
    formula resulted in text. Recalculated formula to give a numerical result.
    Thanks for your time! I bet I have alot to learn. Thanks again, Julie C.

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?