[SOLVED] formula for adding / subtracting two columns .

  1. #1
    jm
    Guest

    [SOLVED] formula for adding / subtracting two columns .

    Can't find formula to add or subtract two or three entire columns in a spread
    sheet
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: formula for adding / subtracting two columns .

    Let's say we have numbers in two columns, column A and column B from rows 1
    thru 100.

    In C1, enter:
    =A1+B1 and copy down thru C100

    Column C will be the sum of columns A & B.

    To get the grand sum of columns A & B in a single cell, enter in an un-used
    cell:
    =SUM(A1:B100)
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: formula for adding / subtracting two columns .

    Hi
    Try something like:
    =SUM(A:A)-SUM(B:B)-SUM(C:C)

    Andy.