Advanced Filter - error message

  1. #1
    Mifty
    Guest

    Advanced Filter - error message

    Hi there,

    Can anyone tell me what the following message means and how to stop it please

    'The extract range has a missing or illegal field name'

    In simple language please - not even sure what extract range and field name
    are.

    The filter works. It puts the data expected into the cell I tell it to but
    an error message pops up afterwards.

    I would be grateful for any answers.

    Cheers
    Mifty
    --
    Mifty

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filter - error message

    The extract range is where you want the filter results to start. The
    range can be blank, or can contain headings that exactly match headings
    from the source table. (You can use some or all of the headings from the
    source table.)

    A field is a column in the source table.

    Usually you get that message if a heading in the extract range isn't
    identical to one of the headings in the source table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Mifty
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filter - error message

    Many thanks for your reply. Will have another try and let you know
    --
    Mifty