How do I get my header in Exell to follow me down a spread sheet

  1. #1
    Kawasaki
    Guest

    How do I get my header in Exell to follow me down a spread sheet

    As I move down my spread sheet how can I get the header titles to follow me
    down as I make my entries?

  2. #2
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: How do I get my header in Exell to follow me down a spread sheet

    Hi Kawasaki
    if you select row 2 and then go to the windows menu at the top of the
    screen
    and select freeze panes, that shoud do it

  3. #3
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: How do I get my header in Exell to follow me down a spread sheet

    one way
    select the first cell under your headings and use the menu "Windows" and
    select Freeze panes.

    the other way,
    With a normal window without froozen panes, move the mouse pointer to the
    top right corner just above the up arrow. The pointer will change to an up
    and down arrow.
    Left click and drag down to create enough room for your heading.
    You now have two seperate windows of your sheet.
    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do I get my header in Exell to follow me down a spread sheet

    Hi Kawasaki,
    You will also want to keep the column titles at the top of each sheet
    when you print. File, Page Setup, Sheet, rows to repeat at top: $A:$A

    More information both Freeze and Rows to Repeat and similar things in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

    ---
    HTH,