Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

  1. #1
    Krystle
    Guest

    Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

    I have a list of part numbers that we are constantly using... and I am trying
    to make a list of them and just want these part #'s to go in
    numeric/alphabetical order as they are entered. Is there a way to do this?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

    An easy way to sort-on-the-fly is to use a helper column. Say you are
    entering part numbers in A1 thru A100.

    In B1 put:

    =LARGE(A:A, ROW()) and copy down

    Column B will be the sort of column A (in descending order). As you enter
    items in column A the items in column B will automatically adjust themselves.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Krystle
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

    Okay, that worked. Thank you. But what if there are letters associated within
    the part number I am trying to sort?

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to place a row in numeric/alpheberical order?

    Give me some examples.
    --
    Gary's Student