Add totals at end of the report with unknow number of rows with VB

  1. #1
    SITCFanTN
    Guest

    Add totals at end of the report with unknow number of rows with VB

    I have a report that I download into Excel each day. The amount of rows vary
    each day. I want to add to an existing macro code that will add at the end
    of the report (regardless of how many rows there are), in column the text of
    "Total" and then add the sum of column B (currency) and place that total in
    column B on the same row as Total. On the next row I would like to add the
    text "Items" in column A and then have the count display in Column B. I just
    don't know the code to show this because of not being able to designate what
    row it will display on. I could have 1500 rows of data or 3000 rows of data.
    I would like to skip one row and then add the "Total" text and calculation
    and below that at the Items count. I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks so much

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Add totals at end of the report with unknow number of rows with VB

    SAITCFanTN, try this,

    Sub addthem()
    Dim rng As Range
    Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)

    rng.Offset(2, -1).Value = "Total"
    rng.Offset(3, -1).Value = "Items"

    rng.Offset(2, 0).Value = Application.Sum(Range("B1", rng))
    rng.Offset(3, 0).Value = Application.Count(Range("B1", rng))

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JOUIOUI
    Guest

    Re: Add totals at end of the report with unknow number of rows wit

    Hi Paul, this worked great! Thank you so much. I have one more question,
    since my "Count" calculation is going into a currency formated column, how
    can I have that one cell be bolded text. Its showing as currency now.

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Add totals at end of the report with unknow number of rows wit

    How about changing the format for the count cell, try this, tested with 2002
    and when I put in new data the cell changes back to currency, test it and
    see if this works for you, if not may need to also format the cell back to
    currency before the macro gets new data

    Sub addthem()
    Dim rng As Range
    Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)

    rng.Offset(2, -1).Value = "Total"
    rng.Offset(3, -1).Value = "Items"

    rng.Offset(2, 0).Value = Application.Sum(Range("B1", rng))
    rng.Offset(3, 0).Value = Application.Count(Range("B1", rng))
    rng.Offset(3, 0).NumberFormat = "General"

    'uncomment if you want it bold, but when I tried it the cell did not
    'format back to currency the next time and stayed bold
    'rng.Offset(3, 0).Font.Bold = True

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...