Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

merging columns

  1. #1
    Todd Hudson
    Guest

    merging columns

    I am trying to import data from Excel into QB 2006 Premier. Data is in
    Excel.

    I store the customer names in two different columns. Example: 1st name is
    column a, last name is column b, However Quickbooks wants the names in one
    field in some columns like the Name Contains, Contains fields. Is there a
    way to get Excel to join both columns? If so how?

    And how to I then get it to do the above, but last name, first name?

    Same for getting City, State Zip Country from 4 different columns into one
    column?

    Finally, same thing with credit card expiration date? I have the date stored
    as 04/08. How Can I get Excel to move the 04 to one column and 08 to
    another?

    Thanks very much in advance.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: merging columns

    try this idea
    =b1&", "&a1

    =c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1
    or for the date if in e
    =c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1 & " "&left(e1,2") & " "& right(e1,2)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:OoLXOP%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Todd Hudson
    Guest

    Re: merging columns

    Thanks

    "Don Guillett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:uSklBW%[email protected]...
    > try this idea
    > =b1&", "&a1
    >
    > =c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1
    > or for the date if in e
    > =c1&" "&d1& " "&e1& " "&d1 & " "&left(e1,2") & " "& right(e1,2)
    >

    > --
    > Don Guillett
    > SalesAid Software
    > [email protected]
    > "Todd Hudson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:OoLXOP%[email protected]...
    >>I am trying to import data from Excel into QB 2006 Premier. Data is in
    >> Excel.
    >>
    >> I store the customer names in two different columns. Example: 1st name is
    >> column a, last name is column b, However Quickbooks wants the names in
    >> one field in some columns like the Name Contains, Contains fields. Is
    >> there a way to get Excel to join both columns? If so how?
    >>
    >> And how to I then get it to do the above, but last name, first name?
    >>
    >> Same for getting City, State Zip Country from 4 different columns into
    >> one column?
    >>
    >> Finally, same thing with credit card expiration date? I have the date
    >> stored as 04/08. How Can I get Excel to move the 04 to one column and 08
    >> to another?
    >>
    >> Thanks very much in advance.

Closed Thread