Auto fill Column based on data in other columns

  1. #1
    SITCFanTN
    Guest

    Auto fill Column based on data in other columns

    I have a report I'm downloading into Excel each day. Columns A, B, and C
    have the same number of rows populated. Columns D and E don't. I want to
    populate columns D and E with code the same number of rows Columns A, B and C
    are. I want to auto fill Column D with the text "ABCD" and Column E would be
    the current date in 06/05/06 format. I would like to put this code into an
    existing Macro. Any help you can give me is appreciated.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Auto fill Column based on data in other columns

    Double click on the fill-handle
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

    If you want to simulate with a macro
    Filldown as a Macro solution (#filld)