how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

  1. #1
    Shax
    Guest

    how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    I have this project i have to do for work and i want the commandbuttons to
    open seperate sheets within the workbook - but i dont understand all this
    visual basic language stuff so can someone please translate it into a dummy
    version for me - i can run a macro by recording it but how do i make the
    macro perform within the button??? i remember doing it in college but can not
    rem think it was an older version - all help is appreciated.

    thank you for ur time and many regards

  2. #2
    RJ
    Guest

    RE: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    There are a couple easy ways to do this. I guess the easiest would be to
    right click on the command button and go to view code and insert the
    following code.

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Application.Run "YourWorkbookName!YourMacroName"
    End Sub

    Where YourWorkbookName will be the name of the workbook you are workign in
    and the YourMacroName will be the name of the Macro you want the
    commandbutton to open.

  3. #3
    Shax
    Guest

    RE: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    tried that RJ and it says - run time error '1004' and that it failed - any
    idea wot im doing wrong????
    can u give me an example of wot the workbook name cud be?? its a case of -
    the actual file name and the sheets from 1 to 9 all i need is to be able to
    click the buttons to go to the relevant pages??

  4. #4
    Shax
    Guest

    RE: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Application.Run "smart_pack!PERSONAL.XLS!Macro3"
    End Sub

    is this rite?? this is the command i put in?? smartpack the file name and
    the macro??
    i appreciate any help as is getting late and i want to make one of the
    buttons to work before i go to bed to get my beauty sleep - lol?? (trust me i
    need it!!!!)

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    Probably due to an error in the macro syntax. Post you coding efforts here
    by copy/paste. I suggest using a button from the forms toolbar or a shape
    from a the drawing toolbar instead of a command button.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    personal.xls is the file where your macro probably is
    try
    Application.Run "PERSONAL.XLS!macro3"

  7. #7
    RJ
    Guest

    RE: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    Your workbook name is Personal.xls and your macro name is Macro3. Your code
    should look like this.

  8. #8
    Shax
    Guest

    RE: how do i make a commandbutton run a macro??

    think im gonna cry .................. it workedddd thankyou RJ and DON i
    absolutely appreciate your help

    take care