Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

PDF Hyperlink Problem

  1. #1
    John Calder
    Guest

    PDF Hyperlink Problem

    Hi

    I run Win2K with Excel2K.

    I have a validation box that I select a letter from. ie: A

    I then hyperlink this letter to a PDF file on my local drive.

    When I select the hyperlink, Acrobat Viewer flashes on the screen and then
    disappears.

    This does not seem to be a problem with links to other file formats such as
    Word, Excel etc.

    If I open the file through filemanger the PDF opens ok in Acrobat Reader.

    Can anyone tell me why the PDF file does not open?

    Any help is much appreciated

    John

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: PDF Hyperlink Problem

    Sounds like you have the old Adobe Reader 7.0.0. What you describe was a bug
    in that version. I suggest you update to resolve the issue. The Adobe Reader
    7.0.8 update is available on adobe's web site.
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp

    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com

    "John Calder" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I run Win2K with Excel2K.
    >
    > I have a validation box that I select a letter from. ie: A
    >
    > I then hyperlink this letter to a PDF file on my local drive.
    >
    > When I select the hyperlink, Acrobat Viewer flashes on the screen and then
    > disappears.
    >
    > This does not seem to be a problem with links to other file formats such as
    > Word, Excel etc.
    >
    > If I open the file through filemanger the PDF opens ok in Acrobat Reader.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why the PDF file does not open?
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated
    >
    > John

Closed Thread