Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Excell- a value in a cell, round it up by fives in another cell

  1. #1
    lpp123
    Guest

    Excell- a value in a cell, round it up by fives in another cell

    I have a value in one cell that is derived from a formula. In another cell i
    want to take that value and round it up in increments of five.

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Excell- a value in a cell, round it up by fives in another cell

    Can you give us an example of the data? And when you say round it up in
    increments of 5 I'm not sure what you mean, what is the number you are
    working with and what do you want to see.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Try this:

    =CEILING(A1,5)

    HTH
    Google is your best friend!

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Excell- a value in a cell, round it up by fives in another cel

    It don't get much simplier than that..........good one Bearacade!

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Bearacade" wrote:

    > Try this: