How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

  1. #1
    Thor
    Guest

    How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

    How do give single letters numerical equivalent? (MS Excel) im trying to do a
    work graph.
    I have filled some cols and rows like that
    Example:
    | Date | | Date | | Date | | Date | {etc}
    |Working hours
    Name 1.th june 2.th june 3.th june 4.th june {etc}

    Peter J J G -

    as in example J means 8 working hours, G means 6 working hours and - means a
    day off. At the end should be some formula which sums all the working days to
    exact hours.
    I would be grateful if Someone could answer me by sending an e-mail to this
    address: [email protected]

    Sry for the typos.. havent use English language for 3 years :P

  2. #2
    Thor
    Guest

    RE: How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

    "Thor" wrote:

    > How do give single letters numerical equivalent? (MS Excel) im trying to do a
    > work graph.
    > I have filled some cols and rows like that
    > Example:
    > | Date | | Date | | Date | | Date | {etc}
    > |Working hours
    > Name 1.th june 2.th june 3.th june 4.th june {etc}
    > |
    > Peter J J G -
    > |

    > as in example J means 8 working hours, G means 6 working hours and - means a
    > day off. At the end should be some formula which sums all the working days to
    > exact hours.
    > I would be grateful if Someone could answer me by sending an e-mail to this
    > address: [email protected]
    >
    > Sry for the typos.. havent use English language for 3 years :P

    okey i have put on the internet a pic of sample graph please i really need
    help someone?
    this address below:
    http://thor.msn.ee/stonia/kaardid/graph.gif?2

  3. #3
    Thor
    Guest

    RE: How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

    http://thor.msn.ee/stonia/kaardid/graph.gif?2
    there is an example graph
    i need to get letters E, G, J AND I work by them selves as much hours as
    they are.
    So how do give single letters numerical equivalent? as E=G=9,5

    J=12

    I=13

    i think i could do that formula at the end of row for summing all working
    hours

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

    Perhaps something like this ..

    In B5:
    =IF(B4="",0,VLOOKUP(B4,{"E",9.5;"G",9.5;"I",13;"J",12},2,0))
    Copy B5 across to AE5

    --
    Max
    Singapore

  5. #5
    Thor

    "Max" wrote:

    > Perhaps something like this ..
    >
    > In B5:
    > =IF(B4="",0,VLOOKUP(B4,{"E",9.5;"G",9.5;"I",13;"J",12},2,0))
    > Copy B5 across to AE5

    "",0,VLOOKUP there is some mistake ... excel gives me error for it.
    Best for me would be that kind of formula that, when im doing new grapg
    everymong different then just by typing for an example E then and the end of
    line in working hours cell would appear 9,5hours, and when i keep adding
    letters then the sum will growth

  6. #6
    Max

    "Thor" wrote:
    > > In B5:
    > > =IF(B4="",0,VLOOKUP(B4,{"E",9.5;"G",9.5;"I",13;"J",12},2,0))
    > > Copy B5 across to AE5

    > "",0,VLOOKUP there is some mistake ... excel gives me error for it.

    Think you need to change the commas to semicolons
    in the formula to suit your continental Excel version,
    perhaps try something like this in B5 over there:
    =IF(B4="";0;VLOOKUP(B4;{"E",9.5;"G",9.5;"I",13;"J",12};2;0))
    then copy B5 across to AE5

  7. #7
    Thor
    Guest

    Re: How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

    Re: Max

    > =IF(B4="";0;VLOOKUP(B4;{"E",9.5;"G",9.5;"I",13;"J",12};2;0))
    > then copy B5 across to AE5

    I dont know what am i doing wrong or is something in this formula wrong, but
    i cant get it to work

    Maybe you could set-up somewhere a working graph_example or send it to my
    e-mail:[email protected]

  8. #8
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How to do a work graph in MS Excel?

    Here's a quick sample implementation for your easy ref:
    http://cjoint.com/?grdszgJM74
    Thor_1.xls