How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default?

  1. #1
    jason
    Guest

    How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default?

    How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default? For example,
    the formula for C1 is:

    =SUM(A1-B1)

    If nothing is yet entered in A1 or B1, then C1 is given the value "0"
    I would like it to remain blank as a default.

    Thanks again for your help

    Jason

  2. #2
    Stephanie Aspinwall
    Guest

    RE: How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default?

    Jason,

    Go to:

    Tools > Options, specifically the "View" tab

    Make sure the "Zero values" checkbox is deselected. That should take care
    of it.

    Steph