Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

I can't see which cell I am on...

  1. #1
    M Skabialka
    Guest

    I can't see which cell I am on...

    If I am working in a spreadsheet with multiple colors, as I move from cell
    to cell the border is highlighted a contrasting color, e.g the border on a
    turquise cell is red. This makes it easy to see which cell I am on.

    But I have another spreadsheet with no background color and black text, with
    many of the cells with a black border. When I am on one of those cells the
    border shows as black, but you really can't tell which cell you are on
    amongst all of the others outlined in black. Is there a way to use a more
    vivid contrasting color, such as red, to highlight the border of the cell
    you are on if it is a white cell with black contents?

    Thanks,
    Mich

  2. #2
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: I can't see which cell I am on...

    To the left of your formula bar is an address field, which always shows your
    current location on the sheet?

  3. #3
    M Skabialka
    Guest

    Re: I can't see which cell I am on...

    I am looking for something that will highlight the cell with a color of some
    kind as I jump around the spreadsheet, the cell location, eg G87, is
    meaningless.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I can't see which cell I am on...

    You could try Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:41:35 -0500, "M Skabialka" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I am looking for something that will highlight the cell with a color of some
    >kind as I jump around the spreadsheet, the cell location, eg G87, is
    >meaningless.
    >
    >"kassie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> To the left of your formula bar is an address field, which always shows
    >> your
    >> current location on the sheet?
    >>
    >> "M Skabialka" wrote:
    >>
    >>> If I am working in a spreadsheet with multiple colors, as I move from
    >>> cell
    >>> to cell the border is highlighted a contrasting color, e.g the border on
    >>> turquise cell is red. This makes it easy to see which cell I am on.
    >>>
    >>> But I have another spreadsheet with no background color and black text,
    >>> with
    >>> many of the cells with a black border. When I am on one of those cells
    >>> the
    >>> border shows as black, but you really can't tell which cell you are on
    >>> amongst all of the others outlined in black. Is there a way to use a more
    >>> vivid contrasting color, such as red, to highlight the border of the cell
    >>> you are on if it is a white cell with black contents?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Mich

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    M Skabialka
    Guest

    Re: I can't see which cell I am on...

    I don't like the fact that this disables macros as we have a lot of them

  6. #6
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: I can't see which cell I am on...

    >I don't like the fact that this disables macros as we have a lot
    >of them

    The RowLiner program does *not* disable macros. It does, however,
    disable Undo.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    M Skabialka
    Guest

    Re: I can't see which cell I am on...

    That would also be a bad thing...

    "Chip Pearson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >I don't like the fact that this disables macros as we have a lot of them

    > The RowLiner program does *not* disable macros. It does, however, disable
    > Undo.
    >

    > --
    > Cordially,
    > Chip Pearson
    > Microsoft MVP - Excel
    > Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    > www.cpearson.com
    >

    > "M Skabialka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>I don't like the fact that this disables macros as we have a lot of them
    >>
    >> "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> You could try Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm
    >>>

    >>> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >>>
    >>> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:41:35 -0500, "M Skabialka"
    >>> <[email protected]>

    >>> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Closed Thread