Paste Data into Contiguous (Visible) Cells

  1. #1

    Paste Data into Contiguous (Visible) Cells

    I am trying to paste data from a set of contiguous cells in one sheet into some cells in anther sheet. I have hidden the columns I do not want to paste the data so that the selection that I would want to paste into looks contiguous. I was hoping that Excel would see it that way also and just paste one cell after another. However, it chooses to paste to the hidden cells, which is not what I want. Does anyone know how (without writing a macro) I can paste into cells that are not contiguous normally, but appear contiguous when some columns are hidden?

    Thanks in advance.

    Trevor

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Paste Data into Contiguous (Visible) Cells

    See the link below, i just tested it and it works like a charm.

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...x#VisibleCells