again: number a list

  1. #1
    Mike Sound
    Guest

    again: number a list

    Hello there!
    I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006):
    >I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one
    >column
    >the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2, 3,
    >4, 5, etc...
    >How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column?

    The problem was solved easy.

    But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better
    looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE >fill>series.
    Is there a formula, something like IF B1>0 fill A1?

    Thanks for help!

    Mike

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: again: number a list

    Mike, have a look here and see if this will do what you want,

    http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip035.htm

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: again: number a list

    You could delete the blank rows, then do the fill on the number column, then
    re-insert the blank rows. ASAP Utilities has features to expedite these
    actions. Available free at www.asap-utilities.com

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: again: number a list

    I would delete the blank rows and just make the data rows double-height for the
    "better print result"

    Then go with the fill series to generate the numbered rows.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Mike Sound
    Guest

    Re: again: number a list

    "Paul B" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Mike, have a look here and see if this will do what you want,
    >
    > http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip035.htm

    Yes, Paul, that's exacly what I need! But poor Mikey is too stupid to
    translate the formula for the german Excel 2002. I tried a lot with ZÄHLE
    (for COUNT), but it will take time to get it fixed and working.
    The other tips were also good, but I am a little obstinate and a formula is
    more elegant.
    Thanks all!

    Mike

  6. #6
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: again: number a list

    Mike, hope it works out for you, I can't help with the German