designing and linking

  1. #1
    Gary Reger
    Guest

    designing and linking

    I would like to know if there is a site that explains in a little more
    detail about best practices for setting up forms and linking them. some of
    this is just practice but I have been at this for a month. I read the Excel
    2003 Bible but the examples are the same where ever you look. need
    additional examples. Yes I know practice, practice, practice, but I am
    impatient.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: designing and linking

    Gary
    Don't pull out too much hair. Explain exactly what you want to do. For
    instance, what do you mean when you say "setup forms" and "linking them"?
    These are two different things so explain each. It helps if you explain
    what you have and then explain what you want to have. HTH Otto
    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Reger
    Guest

    Re: designing and linking

    I would like to make a timesheet for employees to enter their time, have the
    information automatically save to a different workbook that is let up as a
    list then move each individual company that employee worked on to a
    worksheet of it own to keep track of hours, an compare the expense of having
    the company to the money we make off them. Working in a single sheet I like
    to think of myself as intermediate level.
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: designing and linking

    Gary
    What you are asking for is for someone to develop a complete project for
    you. You should contract with a commercial outfit if that is what you want.
    If you want to do this yourself, you should just start on it and work to the
    best of your ability. As you run into a specific problem that you need help
    with, post your problem and question to one of these newsgroups and you will
    get lots of help. I hope this helps. Otto

  5. #5
    Gary Reger
    Guest

    Re: designing and linking

    Thank you. Sometimes I can only see the forest and not the trees.
    I think I will start with creating time sheet.

  6. #6
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: designing and linking

    Don't forget that a lot of help is available right here. Otto