IF possible?

  1. #1

    IF possible?

    Hello,

    if possible i need the following to display in a cell if the conditions below are met:

    If between 85 and 89 inclusive is displayed i need the adjacent cell to display "R".

    If betwen 90 and 94 inclusive then cell should read "A"

    and, if between 95 and 100 displayed then adjacent cell should display "G".

    Btw, the R,A,G, is just a RED , AMBER, GREEN scoring.

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: IF possible?

    Nel post news:[email protected]
    *fodman* ha scritto:

    > Hello,
    >
    > if possible i need the following to display in a cell if the
    > conditions below are met:
    >
    > If between *85 *and *89* inclusive is displayed i need the adjacent
    > cell to display "*R*".
    >
    > If betwen *90 *and *94* inclusive then cell should read "*A*"
    >
    > and, if between *95 *and *100 *displayed then adjacent cell should
    > display "*G*".
    >

    > Btw, the R,A,G, is just a RED , AMBER, GREEN scoring.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Hi,

    try this:

    =IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(C17,{85,90,95},{"R","A","G"})),"",IF(C17>100,"",LOOKUP(C17,{85,90,95},{"R","A","G"})))

    where C17 is the cell to test. If the value in C17 is lower than 85 or
    higher than 100, the formula result is "" (a null string), i.e. the cell
    will look empty.

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    IF possible?

    hi!

    why don't u try

    =IF(AND(A5>=85,A5<90),"R",IF(AND(A5>=90,A5<=94),"A",IF(AND(A5>=95,A5<=100),"G","")))

    -via135

    Quote Originally Posted by fodman

  4. #4
    Works perfect, thanks.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: IF possible?

    Why not use conditional formatting to colour the cells rather than return a
    RAG value. You could use 3 conditions with a formula of

    =AND(A5>=85,A5<90
    for red

    =AND(A5>=90,A5<=94)
    for amber

    =AND(A5>=95,A5<=100)
    for green

    I have posted an example at http://cjoint.com/?gzl2IQsBJy

    Bob Phillips

    "fodman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Thanks but i need the "R" "A" "G" in the cells as the results get sent to ancient blackberry handhelds so colour formatting doesn't show up.!

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: IF possible?

    Oh I see. I think I would still colour the RAG column for the Excel version
    anyway, added value <g>