How do i get rid of the period in a whole number?

  1. #1

    Question How do i get rid of the period in a whole number?

    I want the whole number 259 to appear in a cell and it appears as 2.59. I don't have the percent box checked. I also reviewed my options on the format cell tab and selected "general" under format but can't seem to get rid of the period. What am I doing incorrectly?

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How do i get rid of the period in a whole number?

    You can't do it with formatting. You could use another cell with
    the formula =A1/100

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do i get rid of the period in a whole number?

    If you mean that you type in 259 and it comes out as 2.59? Then go to
    tools>options>edit and deselect fixed decimal places

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

  4. #4
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: How do i get rid of the period in a whole number?

    Try:

    Tools > Option > Edit and uncheck Fixed Decimal

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk