cell references

  1. #1
    Tim in Ottawa
    Guest

    cell references

    Hi, new to excel and struggling with references. Column B is a list of names.
    I want these names to also appear in column X (ie. B3 name should appear in
    X3). I put the cursor in X3, type = in the funtion area, then click B3 and
    hit enter. =B3 then appears in cell X3 which seems to be the correct formula,
    but I want the name to appear. Both columns are set as text. Thanks, Tim.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: cell references

    Tim

    Re-format at least column X to General then re-enter the formula in X3.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Tim in Ottawa
    Guest