formula to change color of a cell when date is over a year old?

  1. #1
    jvmn
    Guest

    formula to change color of a cell when date is over a year old?

    I'm looking for a formula to change dates that I have in a row once they are
    over a year old.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: formula to change color of a cell when date is over a year old?

    hi

    FORMAT | CONDITIONAL FORMAT

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    jvmn,

    Your title says to change the color once over a year but the post says to change the date? To change the color use Conditional Formatting.

    Format>Conditional Formating

    Change Cell Value Is option to Formula is. Use this in A1 (or where your dates begin).

    =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>0

    Click on Format, Patterns and choose a color. Click OK and OK. You can then copy this format to the rest of your range using either Past Special - Formats or using the Format Painter. I believe that you'll need to install the Analysis ToolPak to use this formula. To do so go to Tools>Add-ins and check off the analysis toolpak option. Click ok.

    Does that help?

    Steve