Activating a Macro

  1. #1
    d_kight
    Guest

    Activating a Macro

    How do I activate this Macro?

    Sub sigma_to_cell()
    Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"
    Selection.Value = "S"
    End Sub

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Dan

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: Activating a Macro

    d_kight wrote:
    > How do I activate this Macro?
    >
    > Sub sigma_to_cell()
    > Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"
    > Selection.Value = "S"
    > End Sub
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Dan

    Hi Dan,

    Try ALT+F8 and then chose "sigma_to_cell"

    It will place a the Sigma in the active cell(s)

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Activating a Macro

    Tools > Macro > Macros > select the macro by name in the large window and
    press RUN

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Something it can also be the macro security.
    Go to tool>Macro>security and set it to medium.

  5. #5
    d_kight
    Guest

    Re: Activating a Macro

    thanks you guys, I will give this a go and see what happens. I am really new
    to programming with Macros.

    Any suggestions on how to get more training with using and becomming
    familiar with visual Basic syntax?

    thank you again

  6. #6
    CLR