i need help

  1. #1

    i need help

    im trying to set up a list of ratios. if i have a list of numbers in b1:b20, and i know that b1 corosponds to the nuber in c1, is there a way to solve for the numbers that should be in c2:c20. i cant just drag it down, becuase it just copies the same number. i want to basically set up a list of ratios. i appreciate any help you can offer me.
    thanks

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: i need help

    I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do in column C. Perhaps if you
    would tell us what is in B1 and C1 now and also tell us what is in B2 and B3
    and what you expect/want to see in C2 and C3 then we can help figure out how
    to get you to B20 and C20 painlessly.

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: i need help

    If c1 contains a plain number (no formula) - then no you can't drag/copy=
    =

    c1 down to c20

    If you want c2:c20 to have the same ratio with b2:b20 as c1 does with b1=

    b1 c1
    5 3
    10 you want 6 here
    20 you want 12 here

    In which case you need to put a formula into c2

    like c2 =3D (c$1/b$1) * b2

    Now you can drag c2 down to c20

    Bonus, you can alter c1 and it will recalculate with different ratios

    Steve

    On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:09:39 +0100, RAPPEL =

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > im trying to set up a list of ratios. if i have a list of numbers in
    > b1:b20, and i know that b1 corosponds to the nuber in c1, is there a
    > way to solve for the numbers that should be in c2:c20. i cant just dra=

    > it down, becuase it just copies the same number. i want to basically s=

    et
    > up a list of ratios. i appreciate any help you can offer me.
    > thanks

    -- =

    Steve (3)