problems adding days to a date

  1. #1
    Carys
    Guest

    problems adding days to a date

    Hi,

    I have a field that sums a date plus 14 days and I am getting some very
    strange results.

    Any clue?
    --
    Carys

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: problems adding days to a date

    What have you got and what strange results are you getting

    If there is a 'true' date in A1 (01/01/2006) then

    =A1+14

    will give you 15/01/2006 (UK dd/mm/yyyy)

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: problems adding days to a date

    any formula?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  4. #4
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: problems adding days to a date

    Strange, like a number somewhere around 39000? If so, you just need to
    format the result cell. Either use Format on the menu bar, or copy the
    original date cell's format using the format painter.