How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

  1. #1
    Johnny434
    Guest

    How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

    I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and
    cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97.
    How can I do this with Office 2003?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

    Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet?

    If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS
    high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
    following MSKB article:

    OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -0700, Johnny434
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and
    >cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97.
    >How can I do this with Office 2003?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

    Gord,

    That link has changed

    The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
    AutoShape
    object in an Office document does not change

    and unfortunately, MS do not automatically re-direct.

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

    Thanks for re-reminder Bob.

    I think you or Debra already pointed that out to me.

    Now, what did I have for breakfast???<g>

    Gord

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

    It must have been Debra, for it was she who pointed it to me. Good job
    someone (Debra) is on the ball <g>

    Bob Phillips

  6. #6
    Johnny434
    Guest

    Re: How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?

    Thanks for trying! I have found out what the problem was. The icons were
    hidden. I didn't click the little down arrow to display the icons! Duh!
    Johnny