how do i open zipped files

  1. #1
    searching for discussion
    Guest

    how do i open zipped files

    Hello,

    I am having a problem trying to open a file in excel. This file is ending
    in xls. When i go into windows to open the file i get a message saying to
    either select a program from the list or use the web service. Please help.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: how do i open zipped files

    How about opening the file from Excel with File, Open

    Your install of Excel should have set the file types for you.
    My computer, Tools, Folder Options, File typesl
    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: how do i open zipped files

    why does your subject say zipped files. Zipped files end in .zip
    and Excel files end with .xls if no one mucks with the filenames.