Sorting Possible avoiding cell Formulas?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA

    Question Sorting Possible avoiding cell Formulas?

    Just wanted to know if it is Possible to sort omitting any formula activity?

    I know, sounds crazy and doesn't make much since, but when I attempt to sort, the data resorts back to the original position based on some formulas I am using.

    So I guess the main question would be, Is it possible to freeze formula activity to allow general sorting? If Not, I can surely understand Why ...Thanks In Advance...

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA
    Kind of Replying to myself here ...

    The only way I have found to do this so far is to create another sheet that references the sheet I am trying to sort with the formulas and recreate the data without the formulas.

    eg.

    In Sheet3:

    =IF(Sheet2!A2<>"",Sheet2!A2,"")

    I now can sort In sheet3 without the Formulas In Sheet 2 Re-Sorting...

    Still Welcome any other Input...Thanks

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Sorting Possible avoiding cell Formulas?

    You could Copy your data and Paste Special>Values in another column or row and use that as your sort key

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA
    You are so correct Niek, As simple as it sounds, I couldn't think of that

    One more solution to that sort situation... Thanks Alot