Re: Hyperlinks Not Instant In 2007 ??

  1. #1
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlinks Not Instant In 2007 ??

    Just heard from MS that they were 'playing' with this in the Beta2 timeframe
    to try and come up with a more satisfactory conclusion for all, but the next
    public release will return H/Ls back to the old instant functionality

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA
    Thanks for the research Nick, As an End User to a degree, I welcome the original functionality of the link feature... More flexible than forcing a one dimensional 'Click and Hold to Follow Link' ....thanks

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlinks Not Instant In 2007 ??

    Mhz

    A small update. The 'feature' will behave as in XL2003, that is when you
    hover over the hyperlink, you will get the pointing finger and instant
    activation or hold to 'select', however it will differ in that in XL2003 if
    the cell contained a hyperlink, even if the cell was massively wider than
    the hyperlink, the whole cell displayed the pointing finger and instant
    activation on click, select on click+hold. The new functionality will allow
    you to widen the cell beyond the width of the hyperlink. The hyperlinked
    'area' will work as XL2003, but any area outside the actual hypelink in the
    cell will be instantly selectable.

    Hope that makes sense

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA

    Thumbs up Good News, For Most Anyway

    I am Happy To Report That The Updated latest version Beta 2, removed the annoying hold and wait hyperlink function... and it is much more stable with the Print and Graphics now... So excell 2007 appears to be off to a much better start now... Just a Note

  5. #5
    New here. Glad to be a part of it.
    I've had the Beta 2 for about 2 weeks now and really didn’t like the hyperlink delay. I use a spreadsheet as a data base with links to all the various documents related to the job the row is for. Each row (job) has 9 hyperlinks. Hyperlinks are the main function of my worksheet. I am glad they are going back to the instant style although I like the idea of a larger cell that is only ‘half live’. Now my question is how do I get the updated Beta? My satellite internet kicks out with a FAP at about 350MB so I can’t download the B2TR and I can’t find any place to request a mailed CD or DVD. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    D Scott