Getting Sheets Copied From One Workbook to Another Without ....?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA

    Unhappy Getting Sheets Copied From One Workbook to Another Without ....?

    Hello, I have a situation where I want to move 3 sheets from one workbook to another. The Problem is that the sheets appears to carry their File Path with them creating a Problem for my formulas within the destination sheet..

    Is there a way to keep the Formulas in tact to represent the destination sheet?

    The Workbooks have the same Data, but 3 sheets from the source workbook need to be inserted in the destination workbook without paths in the formulas leading back to the source workbook (file).

    eg.

    Source workbook sheet1 A1 Reads:

    =IF(DAY14!B33>0,DAY14!C33,"")

    When it is copied to the Destination Worksheet it Reads:

    =IF('[JULY CALLS CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!B33>0,'[JULY CALLS CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!C33,"")

    I modified the above formula slightly to remove the Reference errors, but I just want to show basically what is happening...

    Thanks for any help here...

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Sydney, Australia
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 64bit
    Posts
    1,394
    Not sure what happens with the source spreadsheet when you export the 3 sheets. Depending on this, you may be able to use SAVE AS, then delete the sheets you don't want, rather than try to export the ones you want to keep. This should solve the problem, but it will depend on what you want to do with the source sheet after the export.

    Matt

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Getting Sheets Copied From One Workbook to Another Without ....?

    Some thoughts ..
    > .. The Problem is that the sheets appears to carry
    > their File Path with them creating a Problem
    > for my formulas within the destination sheet [book]

    Think it's because the formulas on the sheets within the source book to be
    moved over are referencing other sheets in the source book

    > Is there a way to keep the Formulas intact to represent the
    > destination sheet?

    Try tinkering in this way ..

    First, ensure that all dependent sheetnames referenced by the formulas
    within the sheets to be moved over, eg: Day14, etc actually *exist* within
    the destination book before proceeding ..

    In the source book,
    (Do this one sheet at a time)

    Select the entire sheet to be moved
    Click Edit > Replace
    Find what: =
    Replace with: zzzzz
    Click Replace All
    (this effectively "neutralizes" all formulas on the sheet)

    Then move the sheet over to the destination book,
    and reverse the process ..

    Select the entire sheet (which is copied over)
    Click Edit > Replace
    Find what: zzzzz
    Replace with: =
    Click Replace All
    (Array formulas, if any, would need to be re-entered using CSE & re-filled)

    Repeat for next sheet ...
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  4. #4
    Max

  5. #5
    Max

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA
    Oh Max, I would be Nights Behind if I didn't have your powerful programming help YES, this works great for moving Sheets between Workbooks without the File Link Traveling Behind ... Thanks Very Much ..... The Frown Has returned An Happy Face ...

  7. #7
    Max

    "Mhz" wrote:
    > Oh Max, I would be Nights Behind if I didn't have your powerful
    > programming help YES, this works great for moving Sheets between
    > Workbooks without the File Link Traveling Behind ... Thanks Very Much
    > ..... The Frown Has returned An Happy Face ...

    Glad to hear it worked ! Like you now <g>, I've also learnt from and
    benefited immeasurably from the many regular responders in these excel
    newsgroups over the years. Besides reading answered posts, try plunging in
    and answering some posts too. That's one good way to enjoy and learn around
    here.