Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....

  1. #1
    Depechez
    Guest

    Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....

    I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers from 1 to....X without
    typing them all. How?

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....

    Depechez wrote:
    > I want to automatically generate a sequence of numbers from 1 to....X without
    > typing them all. How?

    Hi Depechez,

    You could type in 1 in A1 and 2 in A2.
    Then highlight them and pull the autofill handle (The little black
    square in the buttom right cornor of your highligted selection) to the
    row you want to.

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....

    In A1 enter 1

    In A2 enter 2

    Select both cells and drag/copy down column A as far as you wish.

    OR

    Enter 1 in A1

    In name box enter A1:A12300 and ENTER

    Edit>Fill>Series>OK

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Create a numerical sequence in a column: From 1 to ....

    Try this:

    Put the number 1 in the first cell and leave that cell selected

    Then
    From the Excel main menu:
    Series in: (check Rows or Columns)
    Stop Value: (enter the last number of the series)
    Click the [OK] button

    Does that help?
    Regards,
    Ron