Excel to Access - formula does not work...

  1. #1

    Excel to Access - formula does not work...

    I have the following working formula in excel and it works but when I import the excel file into Access it does not work at all.
    I am trying to put it in either a query or a table in Access.

    (B) MT20 (c) 120 (D) X1542 (E) 0.2 (F) 24.00

    The formula in "F" is =C2*E2 (the catagory is set to number with 2 decimals)
    When I enter the number into "F" it just reflects what I typed in.
    Last edited by f_disk; 07-19-2006 at 06:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: Excel to Access - formula does not work...

    You don't use formulas in an Access table. If you need a calculated value it
    normally goes in a query, form or report not in the table itself. For example
    if you set up a query based on your table you would include a calculated
    field which was =[c]*[e]. This formual then works on every record in your
    table.

    HTH - Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com
    MS Office training, london