The picture is too large and will be truncated

  1. #1
    Dhruba Bandopadhyay
    Guest

    The picture is too large and will be truncated

    The picture is too large and will be truncated

    This is what I get in Excel 97. I searched on the internet and only could
    find a MS KB article referring to Office 2000. It also appears that this is
    some kind of bug... that has been in the Office suite since 97 and still is
    in Office 2003, etc.

    I have VBA code copying and pasting text rows. There are no image picture
    involved. But when I get this message, I do not get any reference of where
    it was in VBA code.

    How can one find out more about this bug?

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: The picture is too large and will be truncated

    I have got this error when Copy/Paste as Picture, never when working with
    ranges/rows etc.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dhruba Bandopadhyay
    Guest

    Re: The picture is too large and will be truncated

    Does anyone know how to contact Microsoft Office development team, the ones
    who made Excel 97?

    Am not requesting a bug fix to their 1997 program, but at least tell us why
    or what makes this error message come up.

  4. #4
    Dhruba Bandopadhyay
    Guest

    Re: The picture is too large and will be truncated

    Quote Originally Posted by lucas
    By copy and paste text rows do you mean entire rows of a
    spreadsheet with text in the cells? Please post the code you are using for
    this operation.
    This is the only piece of code that does copy/paste:

    Set MoldRow = oSheet.Rows(CurRow + TableRow - 2)
    MoldRow.Copy
    oSheet.Rows(CurRow + TableRow - 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats,
    Operation:=xlNone, _
    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

    So as you can see it's copying a whole entire row from 2 rows above, to 1
    row above.

    Any ideas on how to suppress the error bug message?

  5. #5
    Chicago
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: The picture is too large and will be truncated

    Try adding this VB code after your Paste or PasteSpecial Operations, and before your macro navigates to a new sheet:
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

  6. #6
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,926

    Re: The picture is too large and will be truncated

    John, welcome to the forum

    Thank you your input on this You may not have noticed that this thread is almost 10 years old, so I doubt it is still being monitored (been there done that too though lol)
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford

  7. #7
    Melbourne, Australia
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: The picture is too large and will be truncated

    I never knew excel could do all this stuff behind the scenes!
    I thought it was just a simple application.