Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Creating a form to enter data

  1. #1
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    Creating a form to enter data

    I would like to be able to create a FORM on say sheet one. I would like to
    have about ten fields on the form

    I would like to then have a SUBMIT button which takes the data from the
    field and enters it into say sheet two. (Each column being a different field
    and each row being a seperate record.)

    Am able to do this in Access2003, but haven't used Excel for anything other
    than simple finances up-to-date.

    Hope you can help

    Daniel

    --
    iPod's ROCK!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Creating a form to enter data

    Hi

    Look here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm

    Use a row on the bottom of your form( you can hide that row)
    Add formula links (=c3) to the cells you want in that row and use this
    range to copy to sheet 2

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    Re: Creating a form to enter data

    Thankyou for your help

    --
    iPod's ROCK!

  4. #4
    JR
    Guest

    RE: Creating a form to enter data

    I'll take Ron's idea on step further. Record a macro that when you hit the
    submit button, copies the hidden row, pastes it (as values) on the first row
    of sheet 2, then in the same place on sheet 2, inserts a row and returns to
    the form on sheet 1.

    This will allow users to just click a button and you will have the newest
    data always at the top of the page on sheet 2.

  5. #5
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    RE: Creating a form to enter data

    Thankyou for your help. Futher comments are always greatly welcomed

    Have applied it, makes use of my database a lot easier (No scrolling down or
    END needed!)

    Thank's once again

    Daniel
    --
    iPod's ROCK!

  6. #6
    Shine
    Guest

    RE: Creating a form to enter data

    Hi, in relation to this discussion. I hope you can help me with this inquiry.

    The information in the Form (Sheet 1) is arranged vertically (row-type).
    I'd like to transfer the information to a database (Sheet 2) arranged
    horizontally (column-type). For new entries, I'd like the new entries to
    follow in the succeeding rows of the database.

    Need help. Not good with VB programming.

    Thanks.

    "DanielWalters6" wrote:

    > Thankyou for your help. Futher comments are always greatly welcomed
    >
    > Have applied it, makes use of my database a lot easier (No scrolling down or
    > END needed!)
    >
    > Thank's once again
    >
    > Daniel
    > --
    > iPod's ROCK!
    >

    > "JR" wrote:
    >
    > > I'll take Ron's idea on step further. Record a macro that when you hit the
    > > submit button, copies the hidden row, pastes it (as values) on the first row
    > > of sheet 2, then in the same place on sheet 2, inserts a row and returns to
    > > the form on sheet 1.
    > >
    > > This will allow users to just click a button and you will have the newest
    > > data always at the top of the page on sheet 2.
    > >
    > > "DanielWalters6" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I would like to be able to create a FORM on say sheet one. I would like to
    > > > have about ten fields on the form
    > > >
    > > > I would like to then have a SUBMIT button which takes the data from the
    > > > field and enters it into say sheet two. (Each column being a different field
    > > > and each row being a seperate record.)
    > > >
    > > > Am able to do this in Access2003, but haven't used Excel for anything other
    > > > than simple finances up-to-date.
    > > >
    > > > Hope you can help
    > > >
    > > > Daniel
    > > >

    > > > --