after selecting 50 rows of a column i can't reference the cells in the rows

  1. #1
    Bob Salzer
    Guest

    after selecting 50 rows of a column i can't reference the cells in the rows

    I have a workbook that contains energy information about every floor of
    a building. In column 'Z' there could be a message called 'no savings'.
    What i want to do is delete these
    rows. I have started by selecting a range within column 'z' from 10 to
    175.
    now comes the problem. As i read through each cell how do i check the
    field for 'no savings'
    and then how do i delete the row? i have tried almost everything except
    for the one that works. If anyone out there can help me i would sure
    appreciate it. thanks, bob

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: after selecting 50 rows of a column i can't reference the cells in

    Hi Bob,

    use Autofilter to select the rows that you want to delete,

    press F5 special - select visivable cells only

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: after selecting 50 rows of a column i can't reference the cells in the rows

    Bob

    Select column Z and Data>Filter>Autofilter.

    Click on the drop-down arrow and select "no savings" from the list.

    Click OK and then F5>Special>Visible cells>OK

    Edit>Delete Row.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP