Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Sort by part of a number

  1. #1
    sacredarms
    Guest

    Sort by part of a number

    I need to file by claim number where the number is P1- 358V-852

    P1-358V-058

    The correct order would be by the last three characters. Can this be done in
    an easy way?

    Thanking you in advance for any help.
    Joe

  2. #2
    George
    Guest

    RE: Sort by part of a number

    Hello,
    Without using VBA, somewhat difficult. However insert a nearby column in
    which you will extract the 3 last numbers of your field, i.e. =RIGHT(A1;3),
    then use the autofill to extract all rows. Finally use this column to sort
    accordingly your records.

    Hope this will help.

    George

    Ο χρήστης "sacredarms" *γγραψε:

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Sort by part of a number

    If this is something you have to do frequently, you might check out Jim
    Cone's fine commercial Add-in called "Special Sort". It's available at

    http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...e/products.php

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "sacredarms" wrote:

    > I need to file by claim number where the number is P1- 358V-852
    >
    > P1-358V-058
    >
    > The correct order would be by the last three characters. Can this be done in
    > an easy way?
    >
    > Thanking you in advance for any help.
    > Joe

Closed Thread