Format size of finished sheet?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    pippin
    Guest

    Format size of finished sheet?

    An error with IE when I tried to post (hopefully this will not be a double
    post)

    I have created a sheet in Excel 2007 (beta) I would like to save the sheet
    without the extra cells/rows etc I deleted pages 2&3 but can't remove the
    extra sheet information when I only need to print and keep a compact sheet of
    the data.
    I have tried to copy etc but I am always presented with the full sheet - is
    it possible to remove the excess on sheet 1 and only save and print the
    comapct sheet?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Format size of finished sheet?

    I am not sure I understand what you mean, the workbook will always have
    approx 1mb of rows and 16k of columns,
    You can clear used ranges so it doesn't print extra pages using this method

    works for all excel versions

    The only other way to mimic as if there is only this particular size would
    be to hide all rows and columns that are not used

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    pippin
    Guest

    Re: Format size of finished sheet?

    Thank you for your reply. Apologies for my late response and the lack of
    clarity when I was trying to explain.
    I have bookmarked the link as this will be very useful to me as this would
    help with removing extra gridlines from printing.

    I am almost sure I read a way to actually remove the surplus only saving
    ranges 1-xx but to date I can't find the article. I will keep looking but
    appreciate the extra help you have given me. Thank you.

  4. #4
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Format size of finished sheet?

    On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:37:02 +0100, pippin =

    =

    >> method
    >>
    >> http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
    >>
    >> works for all excel versions
    >>
    >> The only other way to mimic as if there is only this particular size =

    =

    >> would
    >> be to hide all rows and columns that are not used
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Peo Sjoblom
    >>
    >> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    >> Northwest Excel Solutions
    >> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    >>

    >> ippin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > An error with IE when I tried to post (hopefully this will not be a=

    =

    >> double
    >> > post)
    >> >
    >> > I have created a sheet in Excel 2007 (beta) I would like to save th=

    e =

    >> sheet
    >> > without the extra cells/rows etc I deleted pages 2&3 but can't remo=

    ve =

    >> the
    >> > extra sheet information when I only need to print and keep a compac=

    t =

    >> sheet
    >> > of
    >> > the data.
    >> > I have tried to copy etc but I am always presented with the full =

    >> sheet -
    >> > is
    >> > it possible to remove the excess on sheet 1 and only save and print=

    =

    >> the
    >> > comapct sheet?

    The real problem I suspect is that used, but now empty rows and columns =
    =

    are still remembered when Excel refers to the sheet

    use this macro

    Sub Set_Sheet_Size()
    ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    End Sub

    Click on the bottom-right cell of the new-sheet size (no cells to right =
    or =

    below can contain data)
    The run the macro.

    -- =

    Steve (3)

  5. #5
    pippin
    Guest

    Re: Format size of finished sheet?

    Thnk you I have noted this and will run the macro when I am boot the other
    computer soon.

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Format size of finished sheet?

    I would suggest you save your time and effort.

    Quit looking..............you won't find a method of deleting unused rows and
    columns from an Excel worksheet.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  7. #7
    pippin
    Guest

    Re: Format size of finished sheet?

    Thanks I tried everything suggested last night but nothing worked for me.
    At least I can remove the sheets not used but will be content now with
    keeping my unfilled cells.

    I had to find the macro bit in 2007 as it wasn't on the ribbon by default. I
    will have to learn a lot more about macros now thanks, that bit was fun.