How do you make titles for columns in worksheets?

  1. #1
    Titling columns in worksheets
    Guest

    How do you make titles for columns in worksheets?

    I just want to make titles for columns in worksheets. I can't get
    information on this no matter how I phrase the query.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do you make titles for columns in worksheets?

    You can NOT change the column indicator to text of your choice. You can put
    a label in the first row and hide the column/row indicators.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do you make titles for columns in worksheets?

    The column letters A,B,C etc. cannot be changed.

    You can enter titles in row 1 for each column then turn off the Row and Column
    headings at Tools>Options>View

    Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to keep your titles in place as you scroll
    down.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:12:02 -0700, Titling columns in worksheets <Titling

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do you make titles for columns in worksheets?

    There really are two parts to this question, You have how to
    display the top rows and/or left most columns, but there is also printing
    which is controlled from File, Page Setup, Sheet,
    Rows to repeat at top: $1:$1
    Columns to repeat at left: $A:$A

    more information in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

    There is a bit more leeway in what you can do in printing.

    I don't know what you really tried in your query of Google.
    There are two types of Google Searches that are relevant.
    Google web search
    and Google newsgroups search of Excel newsgroups
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm

    Search arguments similar to the following would probably have
    yield useable results -- pretty much trying to use words you used.

    Excel column title* worksheet

    I think Google will normally equate the single form and the plural forms
    of words, but title* would pick up anything beginning with "title" or
    the complete word "title".

    ---
    HTH,

    "Titling columns in worksheets" wrote..