Division

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Division

    Basic one this...but Excel makes it reasonably clear how to add and
    multiply, but not how to divide.

    I want the values in column S to be those in column P divided by 0.75. How
    do I do this please?

    Thanks
    David

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    Re: Division

    Ah. Do I multiply P by 1.3333?

    --
    David Kitching Msc. Msc.
    Managing Director

    Tel: +44 (0) 1789 470040
    Mob: +44 (0) 7799 118518
    www.naturaldeco.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Division

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:26:56 +0100, David <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ah. Do I multiply P by 1.3333?

    why complicate things just use /

    --
    Steve (3)

  4. #4
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Division

    David wrote:
    > Basic one this...but Excel makes it reasonably clear how to add and
    > multiply, but not how to divide.
    >
    > I want the values in column S to be those in column P divided by
    > 0.75. How do I do this please?
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    Hi David,

    Just type in the first free cell in S column, say it is S2, the formula:

    =P2/0.75

    and press Enter. Then you can drag for as many rows you need...

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao