How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

  1. #1
    Lois Ann
    Guest

    How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

    --
    Lois Ann

  2. #2
    WillR
    Guest

    RE: How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

    Can you elaborate?

    Any particular addins? Do you want to know how to build one or how to
    activate one?
    --
    Kind Regards,
    Will Riley

  3. #3
    Lois Ann

    "WillR" wrote:

    > Can you elaborate?
    >
    > Any particular addins? Do you want to know how to build one or how to
    > activate one?
    > --
    > Kind Regards,
    > Will Riley
    >

    > "Lois Ann" wrote:
    > I don't know how to use the addins. I've had two addins emailed to me and finally got them added into the tools, but now what? I'm taking an online civil engineering course and these addin would help me find the bearings and such for latitudes and departures and such. But I just don't know what to do? Do I put my information in or what.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Will Riley
    Guest

    RE: How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

    Are they activated under Tools>Addins (i.e. is the checkbox next to them
    ticked?)

    The long answer to your question really depends on what the addins are
    supposed to do. If they contain functions, once the addins are active, any
    User Defined functions (UDFs) within the addins should be available for you
    to use via the function wizard.

    They will probably be entitled

    =theaddin.xla!LATITUDE

    or whatever the function(s) are called
    --
    Kind Regards,
    Will Riley

  5. #5
    Lois Ann
    Guest

    RE: How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

    So I use the function first and then put in my information in the correct
    cells? Do I start by using the function wizard first?
    --
    Lois Ann

  6. #6
    gls858

    Lois Ann wrote:
    > So I use the function first and then put in my information in the correct
    > cells? Do I start by using the function wizard first?

    Why don't you start by telling us exactly what it is you would like to do?
    Or would you rather have us guess?

    gls858

  7. #7
    Lois Ann
    Guest

    Re: How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

    OK, I have a latitude and a departure. I want to find the bearing and the
    length of a straight line from one point to another point. Maybe you know of
    a template for surveying that I can use? The addins I got emailed to me and I
    added to excel are there. I just don't know how to use them. I've emailed the
    person I got them from and asked him, but never received any answer. Look I"m
    just an old lady, trying to understand something I don't and it is taking me
    forever to understand more of what my husband is doing putting in bridges,
    and I thought I could learn this by taking an online civil engineering
    course. Pretty dumb of me hugh?
    --
    Lois Ann

  8. #8
    gls858

    Lois Ann wrote:
    > OK, I have a latitude and a departure. I want to find the bearing and the
    > length of a straight line from one point to another point. Maybe you know of
    > a template for surveying that I can use? The addins I got emailed to me and I
    > added to excel are there. I just don't know how to use them. I've emailed the
    > person I got them from and asked him, but never received any answer. Look I"m
    > just an old lady, trying to understand something I don't and it is taking me
    > forever to understand more of what my husband is doing putting in bridges,
    > and I thought I could learn this by taking an online civil engineering
    > course. Pretty dumb of me hugh?

    Not dumb, just self confident :-) Learning any new program takes a while,
    hang in there. It sounds like this addin may be a custom one. I know almost
    nothing about surveying. Maybe someone else here can help. At least now
    they have some idea of what you're trying to do.

    gls858

  9. #9
    paul
    Guest

    Re: How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

    this may help you to decipher the add ins,or gain some understanding how
    excel deals withte problems,Lois.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

    --
    paul