Calculating Sleep

  1. #1

    Calculating Sleep

    Hey

    So Im making a log to keep track of things, and I want to calculate my sleep, but I don't want to have to write the date each time,

    Went to Sleep: 23:00
    Woke Up: , 09:00

    So I just want to go down and write the times but if I do that the date for the second time is assumed as the same day not the next day. Then when I go to calculate my total with a simple =D15-C15 it calculates

    08/03/06 23:00
    08/03/06 09:00

    NOT

    08/03/06 23:00
    08/04/06 09:00

    any help would be apprieciated.

    Carl

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculating Sleep

    Maybe a formula like

    =IF(B2<B1,A1+1,A1)

    Bob Phillips

    "CarlM" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sorry its probably quite hard to interpret, but I dont want to have the dates at all, just the times, but it to be like this without the dates showing or me having to change them (I enter the date of the current day at the start of the log)

    08/03/06 23:00
    08/04/06 09:00

    Sorry if it was hard to interpret

    Carl

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculating Sleep

    Now you have completely lost me.

    What will you enter, and what do you want to see?

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Calculating Sleep

    try
    =d15+1-c15

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  6. #6
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Calculating Sleep

    or even
    =3Dif(D15<C15,D15+1-C15,D15-C15)

    just in case you have a nap during the day
    (or like me work nights)

    Steve

    On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:17:55 +0100, Don Guillett =