Question

  1. #1

    Question

    Hey,

    I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for well versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is.

    Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in the column next to it I want to do the following.

    =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75)

    I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each of the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in the column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and have them all find their value.

    I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough, I couldn't really put it into words.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Question

    Try:

    =B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75

    and drag down to Row 29

    Regards

    Trevor

    "odditie" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    AH yes, I've done that before, I forgot all about that!

    Thank you very much

  4. #4
    Another question with the same formula.

    How do I set it to have minimum and maximum values?

    I want the resulting value to be between 60 and 90

  5. #5
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Question

    Not quite an average then ;-)

    =IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75<60,60,IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75>90,90,B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75))

  6. #6
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Question

    How about:

    =MIN(90,MAX(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75,60))

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Trevor Shuttleworth