Date Fill

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Date Fill

    I would like to create a spreadsheet where if you input date as Jan06 in cell
    A1, subsequent cells B1 C1 D1 etc automatically fill as feb06,mar06,apr06 -

    Can anyone help

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Date Fill

    In B1:

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

    Fill right

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Date Fill

    "martins" <[email protected]> skrev i en
    meddelelse news:[email protected]...

    > I would like to create a spreadsheet where if you input date as Jan06 in
    > cell
    > A1, subsequent cells B1 C1 D1 etc automatically fill as
    > feb06,mar06,apr06 -
    >
    > Can anyone help
    >

    > --
    > martins

    Hi Martins

    One way:

    1. Select A1:D1
    2. Format the cells with the custom format mmmyy
    3. In A1 enter 1/1/06
    4. In B1 enter the formula
    =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+1, DAY(A1))
    5. Copy B1 to C1:D1 with the fill handle
    (The little square in the lower right corner of the cell).

    --
    Best regards
    Leo Heuser

    Followup to newsgroup only please.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

    VBA Noob

  5. #5

    Fill Date Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Heuser
    "martins" <[email protected]> skrev i en
    meddelelse news:[email protected]...

    > I would like to create a spreadsheet where if you input date as Jan06 in
    > cell
    > A1, subsequent cells B1 C1 D1 etc automatically fill as
    > feb06,mar06,apr06 -
    >
    > Can anyone help
    >

    > --
    > martins

    Hi Martins

    One way:

    1. Select A1:D1
    2. Format the cells with the custom format mmmyy
    3. In A1 enter 1/1/06
    4. In B1 enter the formula
    =DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+1, DAY(A1))
    5. Copy B1 to C1:D1 with the fill handle
    (The little square in the lower right corner of the cell).

    --
    Best regards
    Leo Heuser

    Followup to newsgroup only please.
    Thank you Leo Heuser ... you gave a much clearer solution.

    Regards,
    Syed

  6. #6
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Date Fill

    "Syed Haneef" <[email protected]>
    skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...

    Thank you Leo Heuser ... you gave a much clearer solution.

    > Regards,
    > Syed

    You're welcome, Syed, and thanks for the feedback :-)

    Regards
    Leo Heuser

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Works fine Leo - thank you very much for help and all other that replied

    martins

  8. #8
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Date Fill

    "martins" <[email protected]> skrev i en
    meddelelse news:[email protected]...

    > Works fine Leo - thank you very much for help and all other that
    > replied
    >
    > martins

    You're welcome, Martins, and thank you for the feedback.

    Leo Heuser