I need an Excel Spreadsheet for Cafeteria Plan Accounting.

  1. #1
    Cassandra
    Guest

    I need an Excel Spreadsheet for Cafeteria Plan Accounting.

    I am using Office XP. I have been asked to track employee receipts for a
    small daycare/elementary school. This is our first year to implement this
    feature for about 30 teachers/employees. Each person will be allowed $500
    for the year. I must record their receipts and be able to give them a
    running balance at any time. I need to show spending catagories. Thank you
    for your help.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: I need an Excel Spreadsheet for Cafeteria Plan Accounting.

    I suggest that you have an input sheet and a sheet for each employee. In
    the Input sheet you would have a one row, multi-column input area. The
    first cell would be a Data Validation cell with all the employee names
    listed. You would select the name you want and that name would be the entry
    in that first cell. The remaining cells would be the entries you want to
    record for that person. What do want to record exactly?
    You would have 2 buttons on the sheet, one labeled maybe "Record" and
    the other maybe "Balance". Selecting the name and entering the data and
    clicking on the "Record" button would cause all the data you entered to be
    copied to that person's sheet in the next available row. Selecting a name
    and clicking on the "Balance" button would display the balance for that
    employee.
    Does this sound like something that might work for you? If so, I'll
    work up something for you and send you the file for you to try out. If you
    wish, send me an email and I'll send you what I come up with. My email
    address is [email protected]. Remove the "nop" from this address. HTH
    Otto
    news:[email protected]...